The design/build approach gives us significant advantages at controlling costs while optimizing a buildings intended use, aesthetic design, and structural integrity. That advantage allows us to start with high levels of efficiency and thoroughness at the projects inception. From the beginning we are able to help control costs by:
- Leveraging the strengths and expertise of our highly qualified design and construction team.
- Providing accurate and reliable preliminary budget pricing that allows the Owners to make informed decisions about material and design issues.
- Preparing a thorough and detailed master schedule that maximizes efficiencies and forsees obstacles.
- Incorporating materials that consider life expectancy, required maintenance, energy savings, and overall cost effectiveness.
- Implementing a variety of systems within the construction process that ensure quality craftsmanship and efficiencies that expedite the schedule.
- Detailing sub-bid packages that ensure complete scope coverage.
During the Design Development Phase we will perform an “in-house” estimate that will let us know if the project scope is in line with the project budget. When necessary we will consult with a select group of sub-contractors to confirm that our material and labor costs are in-line with current or anticipated market conditions. If the scope of work extends beyond the budget, we would offer value engineering solutions.
Once we have the Construction Documents we will put the project out to bid. We will advertise in local trade papers and send out personal invites to 350+ qualified subcontractors. Over the years we’ve developed an extensive process that will ensure we have comprehensive coverage ensuring we can provide the most competitive price.